Monday, August 22, 2011

006

22 August 2011

Dear Mom,

So many questions. I'll start with the simplest.

No, I don't have a bike yet. But Elder Beardall and I spoke with Elder LeBaron and we'll probably go to the mission office sometime this week to get a bike rack for our car and look at a bike he has there that he thinks should fit me (cost $150). If it does and is comfortable, I'll probably get it. If not, then the WalMart here had a fairly large selection.

Church was good, though the appointment we had right before church fell through so we were stuck at the meeting house an hour early with nothing to do. There wasn't a ward counsel or anything because both the Bishop and 2nd counselor are out of town.

Elder Beardall is a good man. He's kind and caring in his duties as a trainer and a district leader. I enjoy working with him. He's very personable which is helpful because I'm actually quiet out here so he takes most of the talking unless I feel the spirit and speak up.

Are we busy? Sometimes. We're having a hard time finding people to teach so it's difficult because we're doing a lot of searching through the area book and trying to contact former investigators and potential investigators. We've also done a lot of contacting less active members or part-member families. Other than that, we've done quite a bit of knocking on doors and trying to talk to people on the street. On Saturday we went to the local mall and just tried to talk to as many people as we could.

It's good to hear that Dad's back working. I'll bet he's glad to have something to do. I'm glad that things seem to be going well at home. All's well (if a little slow) here.

With love,
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment