Thursday, December 15, 2011

021

12 December 2011

Dear Homefront,

Transfer calls came in last night. This Thursday I'll be moving from Virginia Beach back up to the Richmond area. I'll be proselyting in Burkeville which is just north of Midlothian with my new companion Elder Eborn. I'll figure out my new address by next Monday so I can send it in my next e-mail. I'm really sad to see Virginia Beach go and I'll miss working in a singles branch, but the church is true, even in Midlothian (or so I've heard).

This past week was really good. I thoroughly enjoyed the Stake Christmas Cantata that we had last night, even though my transfer call came right in the middle of it. Thankfully I was sitting on the back row because we were running late from our last appointment that evening, so I was able to slip out and answer it. We also had an amazing zone meeting. President Lamborne (our stake president) attended and gave a training on Revelation through Council. Then my companions gave a training on faith and the role it plays in missionary work. At the end, we had a zone wide prayer for specific investigators who we felt could be baptized before the end of the year. The spirit was so strong there. I loved it.

Other than that, the week has been pretty hectic. Our teaching pool's been pretty small here so we've been doing a lot of referral seeking and visiting with less active members and recent converts. We've been working hard and having fun in the work of the Lord.

I love you all, and hope you're all well and safe.
-Elder John Y. Roberts

Thanks Mom. I'll let you know what I do about the camera and backpack.
I almost forgot. The Christmas call! As far as I understand, I'll be allowed a 40-45 minute call. Still no clue on what time of day. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment