Monday, March 26, 2012

036

26 March 2012

Dear Homefront,

This has been a full week for us the Elders of Hopewell. With the mission’s Leadership Training meeting going on and our District Leader's companion being gone for that, Elder Bradfield decided to do a full set of exchanges. On each day, a different one of us went over to Colonial Heights to work with him. It made for a lot of hard work and interesting times and I finally got to make use of my driving certification. Elder Eagar has been on bike for most of his mission so he hasn't gotten a Virginia driver's license yet which meant that when Elder Johnson went to Colonial Heights, I became the designated driver.

This week has been crazy for another reason. We've just been receiving referrals like mad. Both from HQ sources like mormon.org and from the people we talk to. Which has really helped to expand our teaching pool and to give us more to work with. I have a feeling that Hopewell will continue to grow until it "shall blossom as the rose" like the prophecy about the Lamanites, given in the Book of Mormon.

Lately I've been studying from "Jesus the Christ" by James E. Talmage, as well as "A Marvelous Work and a Wonder" by LeGrand Richards. Both of them have been just a blast of doctrine that have helped me so much gain a deeper understanding of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as well as an amazing understanding of the Restoration of the Gospel. I would highly recommend these two books.

All's well in Hopewell. I hope you're all safe and sound.
With love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

PS: Mom, could you please get me some contact information for Patriarch Nutall? Or speak with him and ask him for some recommendations of books he would use for people who had questions about lineage? Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment