Monday, July 2, 2012

050

2 July 2012

Dear Homefront,
 
Happy Independence Day!  We get to have a no proselyting day on the 4th and we've been given permission to go see a fireworks show.  They have one at Ft. Lee so we might go there.  Maybe we'll go visit Petersburg National Battlefield or the museums on post.
 
This past week has been crazy, and not really even in a good way.  There've been some extremes in the weather here lately going from a heat index of 115 to sudden tornado warnings and freak thunderstorms.  My 72-hour kit is fine, just a little unorganized right now ... I need to fix that.
 
We've done a little bit of tracting here and there in between the heat advisories and storms, but we haven't really seen much success from that.  President Perry sent out a statement that he feels that every companionship can baptize by the end of the month.  It's going to take a miracle, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen miracles happen so I guess it's possible.  We'll just have to exercise all the faith we've got, and work.
 
It does feel odd to think that I've been gone for nearly a year.  In ways, it still feels like I left yesterday.  I guess to most people back home, it feels like a right old year ;)  And it's insane that Elder Yashko is almost home!  Please ask Cindy to tell him that he'd better not be getting trunky.  A lot of people are home or almost home now--it's strange to think about.
 
Other than all of that, not much has really changed since last week.  We're just holding on and doing our best to work hard.
 
I hope all is well on the Homefront.  I love you all.
-Elder John Y. Roberts
 
PS:  Items for the care package
My vial for consecrated oil broke quite a while ago and I kept forgetting to tell you. I could really use a new one.
On that note, my knife also just up and disappeared.  I've searched high and low for it but I still can't find it.  I could use a new one if you can remember the style I liked.
 
And the last thing I wanted to ask is if you'd ever used that Think Geek certificate?  If not, I wouldn't mind either the watch or some other random useful items.

No comments:

Post a Comment