Tuesday, October 16, 2012

065

15 October 2012

Dear Homefront,
Goochland is doing pretty good.  We've actually been really busy this week, though we haven't had too many lessons.  This area has a ton of service opportunities, a lot of which actually include livestock like goats and pigs.  We've also started helping a part member family to hang sheet-rock in the house that they're building.  I find it amusing that while I've been on my mission, I've learned so much about how to do many things around a house and for small repairs.  I guess that what they say is true, a mission prepares you for the rest of your life. ;)
As a refresher, my companion is Elder Carlson and he's from Washington State out west near Vancouver and Portland (Oregon).  And in my District, I have the set of Sisters that share the Gayton Ward with us and the Insbrook Elders.
The weather's started to change here.  It's getting more chilly at night and in the mornings and the leaves have started to change colors and fall from their places.
I think I'm starting to get a hang on being a District Leader.  The hardest part is being responsible for figuring out what each district meeting needs to be about.  I've only had one of those so far and it went well.  Elder Carlson and I both gave trainings on the missionary purpose and how the Lord knows us and our talents and where we're needed.  Other than that, it seems like I'm really just a step in the information pyramid, making sure the line of communication stays open between my district and other missionary leaders.  It is a little stressful so I can understand Elder Rigby's feelings, but with the Lord's help, I know I'll be able to do well.
I'm sorry that I really don't know what else to say.  Outside of the service not too much else really happened this week.  We have more service coming up and hopefully something more report-worthy will come up.
I love you all and hope that you are well.
With much love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment