Tuesday, November 6, 2012

068

5 November 2012

Dear Homefront,
 
Well, this week hasn't been the most exciting, but it could've been worse.  The storm didn't cause too much damage so that took our ideas of providing lots of service, but I guess that's a blessing as well because it means that people in this area passed through it fairly unscathed.
 
This week, we had a couple good lessons with some of our investigators, Lee and Joey.  With Lee we were able to talk about the apostasy and the restoration as well as watch some of general conference.  With Joey, we had a great lesson about the plan of salvation.  I absolutly love teaching about the plan of salvation because everytime I do, I'm just blown away with how much love our Heavenly Father has for us in allowing the plan to work and the comfort of knowing that this life isn't just some cosmic accident; life didn't start at birth, nor will it end at death, but everything has a design and it works.
 
This week I led my second ever District Meeting.  It went actually really well.  The Zone Leaders were there (no pressure right?) and Elder Kohler gave a really good training on Finding.  I then trained on Unity.  There are some great scriptures on that topic.  I found them all by using the topical guide which is just an amazing resource.
 
After district meeting, Elder Carlson and I had an exchange with the Zone Leaders.  I went with Elder Kohler and Elder Carlson worked with Elder Case.  Since things are slow up here, we all went out and tracted a couple neighborhoods, so it was more of a blitz than an exchange, but it was good nonetheless.  We didn't see too much success, but we did get a return appointment for Tuesday at one house so we'll see how that goes.
 
Church was really good this week.  Roger, one of the recent converts in the area recieved the Aaronic Priesthood in Elders Quorum and then the lesson was on Home Teaching and Missionary work.  There were also some really great testimonies in Sacrament meeting this week.
 
Other than all of that, not too much has happened.  Thank you for the Halloween care package and the BYU marching band CD, it was nice. I hope all is going well for you and that you are staying safe and well.
 
With love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts
 
PS:  I do/did know Sister Shefcick, she was in my district when I was in Burkeville.  As for Elder Zajac, no, I have not had a chance.  He's serving in Norfolk which is on the far side of the mission from me.
 
PSS:  Absentee ballot arrived and has been submitted.
 
PSSS:  Next time you see him, could you ask Brother Bushman, if he remembers an Antonio (Tony) and Maria Maldonado?
 
PSSSS:  So ... I think I over-drafted my account again, but not by too much.  I had to get some more contacts and some other things for my eye's/health this past week and I didn't know when we'd be down by WalMart again so I took my chances.  It's hard for us to get down to Walmart because it's roughly 20 or so miles away and out of our area.  The only times we're in that area is when we're down at the church.  This shouldn't happen again though.  I've just had some larger purchases this past month so I was cutting close.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment