Tuesday, October 11, 2011

012

11 October 2011

Dear Homefront,

The chills have set in here, though no snow yet thank heavens. Just a little rain here and there.

A little about my companions:

Elder Farr grew up in Farmington, Utah, but moved to Rockland, Idaho (near Pocatello). He is funny and a really hard worker. He cares a ton about the people and the work. He likes riding dirt bikes and just having a good time.

Elder Narramore is from a town in Arizona just outside of Phoenix. He wants to go into the computer field and likes C++ programming. He also likes riding his motorcyle and playing video games (especially the Elder Scrolls).

Both of them have been out for just over 1 year (they were actually MTC companions).

I have most of my needed cold winter gear, though I may invest in some thermals if it gets too cold. I have yet to buy boots, but I don't have too much to worry about. Apparently if it snows more than a couple inches things pretty much shut down around here, which I find odd, having to go to school through two or more feet of snow. Oh well, we'll play it by ear and see how it goes.

We had another baptism this past week (pictures will follow soon). It was a short but really good service, and we were pleased to be able to welcome Nicole into the fold.

Not much else to write about. Hope all is well.

With love,
Elder John Y. Roberts

PS: The GPS has been recommended by all of my companions (a district and two zone leaders), the zone leaders in my last area, the senior companion of the other elders who live with us, and myself when I went on a companionship exchange and didn't have one. I consider myself decent with a map, but when you only have an address and none of the streets are numbered and you're trying to navigate on the fly while your companion is driving, a GPS just makes sense (also you can set them to "shortest route" which saves on miles which is good when you have a limited number. Also, I appreciate dad's offer, but he also could use it so I'd rather just get one that I can use now on my mission and after I get home as well. President Perry has no official stance on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment