Tuesday, January 24, 2012

027

23 January 2012

Dear Homefront,

Well, it's transfer time once again here in the VRM and I'm getting transferred. I'll be serving in the Hopewell Ward and as part of that, I get to work with the Fort Lee Army/Military Personnel LDS branch! I'm excited for that.

This past week was interesting. We had a Zone Preparation Day of playing dodgeball and basketball as a zone. Elder Eborn and I took Leonard, one of our less active members with us and he enjoyed himself. Unfortunately, that trip killed our mileage for the month, and then we had three nights where we had something at or near the church so we did a lot of walking and talking and tracting around Crewe (the town where the church is), which isn't very large so by the end of the week, we were running out of effective things to do there.

One day though, you would've thought we were either coming under attack or going into martial law. Apparently there were some people either going to or from Fort Picket so there was a huge convoy of humvees and the airspace was full of both attack and transport helicopters and aircraft.

We had interviews with President Perry this week as well. It was really good to see him and to be able to speak with him. He is an amazing leader. He told me that when he reads my weekly reports to him, he has to remind himself (and finds himself amazed at the fact) that I'm only 19, which makes me feel really good. I love working with him and I'm so glad that he'll be my Mission President for nearly my whole mission.

Well, there's not really anything else to say about what happened this week. I hope everyone is safe and happy. I'll get you my new address as soon as I can.

With love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment