Tuesday, February 21, 2012

031

21 February 2012

Dear Homefront,

Well, it's Tuesday and I'm writing now because yesterday was President's Day.

This week, we got the first real snow we had all winter. Thankfully it started coming down Sunday afternoon so we were able to make it in before it really hit hard. We ended up with about 3-4 inches overall. Unfortunately for my companions (being from California, they were both much more excited for snow than I was) it warmed back up yesterday and today and now most of the snow has melted away.

The Branch Activity at Ft. Lee this past Saturday was rather enjoyable. They had Navajo Tacos and I ended up getting pulled into a game of Mexican Train Dominos with Elder Stock (the senior military relations missionary) and a couple of the soldiers. Elder Stock won by just a few points. Fun fact about Elder Stock, he is featured in
John Bytheway's book "Supersonic Saints." In fact, he is the only one in the book that is not actually "supersonic." He flew a helicopter in Viet Nam.

Other than that, this week has been pretty much more of the regular life of a missionary. We're still working our way through our records and trying to figure out who is who. We have a couple more investigators set with baptismal dates. We're hoping they stick with it. I love being out here. I love being able to share this wonderful message that has brought hope into my life. And the best part ... it doesn't end after the mission. This morning I was reading in the Ensign from an article by Elder M. Russell Ballard about how we can use technology (the internet in particular) to share the gospel. It was very interesting and it helped me gain a greater perspective.

I hope you are all safe and well. I love you all.
With much love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment