Tuesday, May 29, 2012

045

29 May 2012

Dear Homefront,

Happy Memorial Day! (even though it's a day late) Mine was pretty laid back. I read in a soft chair from the church foyer while Elder Eagar and some other Elders from the District played some b-ball. Then we did some cleaning for the apartment inspection we've got today. Speaking of the apartment, my address will be staying the same. It looks like I'll get to see six months in Hopewell! Unfortunately Elder Eagar won't get to celebrate with me. He's getting transferred. Elder Huntzinger is staying though and we're just going to duo the area. Too many Elders are leaving and not enough are coming in to keep us at three. Hopefully that'll change next transfer. The rest of the district is staying the same as well.

Things have been pretty quiet around here lately, as they usually are around holidays. It also doesn't help that most of the High Schools are starting to wind down and get ready for graduation. Work is going on however. This past week we were able to set Danielle, one of our investigators, with a baptismal date. She's tentatively set for June 9th. We've also been working hard at finding new investigators and we're thinking about starting to do more less-active work to help build the foundation here which will help us as we start teaching more people and bringing them to church.

Other than that, not too much is going on here in Hopewell. Oh, Elder Huntzinger has found himself in a mildly amusing predicament. (Well, at least I find it humorous. He doesn't.) Before his mission he was dating someone. He broke up with this girl in order to help him focus on getting ready for his mission, that is the only reason they broke up. They've been writing throughout his mission. This girl decided she wanted to serve a mission as well so she sent her papers in and got her call ... to the Virginia Richmond Mission Spanish Speaking. Elder Huntzinger has been a little on edge because of this and Elder Eagar saw fit to tease him about it every once-in-a-while. Thankfully, Elder Huntzinger is safe. There are few Spanish areas and even fewer Hermana areas, and only one in our zone. Neither of those Hermanas are training so she won't be in the Zone. It made me laugh to think about it and how I would feel if it had happened to me.

Oh well, I really do think that's all I have to report for now. I still love it here in Hopewell, and I'm still working hard. I love you all and hope all is well for you. Stay safe, stay strong.

With love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment