Monday, May 21, 2012

044

21 May 2012

Dear Homefront,

I heard about the eclipse. Mama Fraser's dad is an avid astronomer and they told me they were going to drive down to southern Utah to get a better look at it. Just goes to show you the Murphy's law of whenever you leave a place, everything cool starts happening. Ah well. I'm about a good work.

As for my birthday, I don't need to hear anymore of that song. Somebody decided it would be a good idea to tell the brother in charge of the ward linger longer yesterday so I ended up with the whole ward singing. And then I got it again at our dinner appointment with the Johnsons. Yesterday was also entertaining for the fact that in an effort to conserve some of our miles, we decided to ride our bikes yesterday. Well, Mother Nature decided to teach us a lesson and halfway between appointments we got stuck in the rain! Thankfully it cleared up while we were in an appointment so we were able to dry out a little but I was exhausted and promptly fell asleep at bed time.

On Wednesday, we had a Zone Conference with us and the Midlothian Zone. It was really interesting that President Perry and the Assistants all trained mostly on finding new investigators. It really helped because that's what we're doing. We're building up our teaching pool right now.

All in all, this week has been a good one for us. I've set some goals to get a little healthier which included cutting back on the soda I drink.  Instead (because I still don't think water has enough flavor), I've invested in a water enhancer called Mio which allows me to add as much or as little flavor as I want so that I can start weaning myself down. With this, I also plan to start carrying a water bottle in order to help me. Those multi-vitamins are helping as well. Thank you. I'm also starting to work out more. With any luck, I'll come home much healthier and stronger.

Well, I hope all is well with everyone. I'm still loving it here in Hopewell, though transfer calls come through next week.  I hope I get to stay again.

I love you all. Stay safe.
-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment