Tuesday, August 7, 2012

055

6 August 2012

Dear Homefront,
 
This past week has been good, but tiring.  Things are starting to turn around for us but that means that we've been very busy.  And for some reason, neither myself nor Elder Huntzinger have been sleeping very well.  For me, its not falling asleep, for him, its not staying asleep.  But we've been trucking along and working hard.
 
We've done some more service this week as well.  Our High Priest Group Leader and his family are moving soon so we've been helping them do some painting and splitting some of the wood that they have from trees they've recently chopped down.  We've also been taking their priest-age son out with us generally once or twice a week.  He enjoys it and it helps him get ready for his mission.
 
That's actually something we've been trying to do here lately.  Work with our priest quorum to get them excited for missionary work.  We've taken many of the boys out on splits or asked them to come with us to lessons and then we'll talk to them about missions as we drive either to or from the appointment.  It's been really good for both us and them.  And it's something I wish I'd taken the time to do before my mission.  It would've helped me to know a little more what to expect as I headed out.
 
Mission President's Interviews were this week.  I always love meeting with President Perry, he's always so insprirational.  Following that, we had the branch activity out on post.  That was fun, as usual.
 
This week we were also invtited to the graduation of Emily and Ileona, two of our investigators on post.  They're both excited to leave, but they both said they'd miss the branch.  They both wanted to keep investigating when they got home so we got them the contact information of the missionaries in their home wards.  They are really great people.
 
Other than that, not too much is going on.  I got that package, thank you.  We might try the Norwegian cookies, that actually sounded good and simple.
 
I hope that all is well for you.  I love you all and miss you.
 
With love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts
 
PS:  Yes, I know Elder Zajac ... not sure where he's serving right now ... but if I run into him I'll ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment