Tuesday, October 2, 2012

063

1 October 2012

Dear Homefront,
Well, the destroying angel was too quick for me this time.  I'm getting transferred this week.  President Perry has asked me to be a District Leader in Goochland which is a little north of Richmond.  I'll be splitting a ward with a set of Sisters and then I'll have another set of Elders in my district as well.  I'll be serving with an Elder Carlson, who to my knowledge I've never met before so this'll be interesting.
Elder Clawson is also getting transferred out.  President asked him to serve in the Mission Office for a little while longer.  Elder Huntzinger is training again and President is also sending in an Elder Hart.
My heart is very full with the prospect of this transfer.  I have absolutly loved my 9 months in Hopewell and at Fort Lee.  It has provided the grounds for the largest leap in my spiritual growth thus far on my mission, and I am very sad to see it go.  But my Lord has given me my orders and so I'll go.  I'll go and do my best to learn to love it there and not focus on the past.  The Lord needs me elsewhere.
Thank you for all of your love and support.  Now ... I just need to figure out how to pack everything this week ;)
Love you all.  I'll get my new address to you as soon as I can.
With love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts



No comments:

Post a Comment