Tuesday, February 19, 2013

082

19 February 2013

Dear Homefront,
 
Well, I hope you all enjoyed your President's Day.  All the soldiers on post loved it because it was a four day weekend for them.  It also dropped our numbers at the activity and at church because all those that could were taking full advantage of their off-post passes.
 
I have come to the conclusion that I can easily handle a three hour block of church meetings.  Right now we're going for almost eight hours (including meetings with the ward council and things like that) on Sudays, and wow that is tiring.  On the plus side, we no longer have all the frustrations of splitting up and then trying to make sure we can meet up without any hiccups.
 
This week we had a great Zone Conference with us and the Midlothian zone.  As part of her training, Sister Perry had us all take one of the color-code personality tests.  I'm still a Blue-White with just a touch of Red, which didn't surprise me a whole lot.  My levels have changed slightly since the last time I took one of those but the overall profile is still fairly similar.
 
We also helped out with the Bishop's Storehouse again yesterday.  It's always nice to be able to do service.  It's also very interesting to see what the "behind the scenes" is like at one of the Bishop's Storehouses.  It makes me want to go on one of the tours of Welfare Square when I get home.  I feel that would be very interesting.
 
Later today, we'll be starting an exchange with the zone leaders.  I'll be on exchange with Elder Andreason.  We'll see how that goes. ;)
 
I hope all is well for all of you.
 
With much love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts
 
PS:  I think I might have made a typo with my address when I gave it to you.  Just to be safe, here it is again.
 
4550 Jefferson Pointe Ln.
Apt 8
Prince George VA 23875
 
PPS:  President granted me permission to start looking into my college stuff to make sure everything is ready for when I get home.  Could you maybe go through my papers and get my account information for my applications to Utah State.  Also, any info you can get from USU, the USU ROTC, or the UT National Guard about my options would be very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment