Tuesday, April 16, 2013

091

15 April 2013

Dear Homefront,

This week has been an interesting one in the VRM, one of those where you're very busy even when not a whole lot gets done that shows up on your weekly report.

We've sort of skipped spring and jumped right into summer, with the temperatures spiking as high as the 80's.  It's also been interesting because more than once, I have woken up to water running in the rain gutter outside our window which means that it's been cooling off and raining during the night ... not the nicest during the day because the humidity just adds another dimension to it all.  It also hasn't helped that it's pollen season so Elder Huntzinger has really been hurting lately.  I really feel for the man, he's allergic to just about everything in Virginia.

To be honest, it has been a very tiring week.  I feel like I've been running on fumes so today being preparation day is a much needed reprieve.

We've actually done quite a bit of service lately.  We helped a new sister move in this week.  We've also done some yard work and we might be helping one of our members paint here soon.  As a missionary, I've come to love service opportunities.  It gives us a good chance to get out of the suits and get that real workout that 30 minutes in the morning just doesn't provide.  I know that I have grown stronger over the course of my mission due entirely to service opportunities.

It recently hit me once again just how little time I have left in the Lord's service.  Elder Huntzinger goes home in about a week and that means I only have about three months left.  That's only 13 weeks.  Oh how quickly that goes by.  I've been reflecting a lot lately on my mission so far and how I can get the very most out of this last little bit of time.  Conference really helped, and I look forward to obtaining the next Ensign so I can review and study the addresses further.  Some of my goals are as follows:
Grow more "exactly" obedient to the Lord and to Mission standards.
Make a more concerted effort in my journal writing.
Seek for, recognize, and follow the promptings of the Spirit.
Seek out and utilize the components of the Armor of God as listed in Ephesians 6.
Seek a stronger relationship with the Lord through more fervent and meaningful prayer and better study.
Love life, and my fellowman, and never lay my head to my pillow with a regret in my heart.

I love you all.  Keep hope burning bright and defend the faith.

With much love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment