Tuesday, May 28, 2013

097

28 May 2013

Dear Homefront,

Well, here we are.  The dreaded countdown has begun... well, dreaded for the missionary, not the the family and friends that are eagerly awaiting.  Only one week left until the call that will decide which mission I'll be reporting home from.  Then just that six week transfer and I'll be sitting on a plane ... Goodness.  Where has the last two years gone?

Things are going pretty well here in the VRM, if a little hectic.  The Stocks move out this week and their replacements, the Halls, are coming in.  Then we've got everyone getting ready for transfers and the mission split.  I really feel sorry for the office staff who are dealing with all the administrative side of it.

On the bright side of news, we have a baptism coming up this week.  --- is ready and we're all very excited for her as she makes this step along her eternal journey.  One of the greatest blessings of serving this mission has been being able to watch the pure joy of the Gospel flood into a person's life as they come to know of the truth of our message.

We were also on the radio again this past week.  The hosts of The Great Bible Debate liked us so much the first time around that they invited us back to share more of our beliefs on the air and they even said that we could come back on the show anytime we want.  I feel that it went rather well.  We were able to get much farther this time and focused a little more on the core doctrines.  It was fun.

Well, I think that's just about all I have to report on this week.  I love and miss you all.  As always, be safe, be happy.  I'll see you all soon.

With much love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

PS:  Yes, I got the new debit card and it works.  Thank you.  Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment