Wednesday, June 12, 2013

099

10 June 2013

Dear Homefront,

Boy, was this week busy for us ... or at least yesterday was.  Oh well.  This morning I'm feeling better and have much more energy than I have had in quite a while.  Not quite sure why yet, but it feels good.

So the rest of the week palls in comparison to the work load we had yesterday at church.  We sure were kept hopping.  At Hopewell, Elder Stagg was speaking in Sacrament, we taught Sunday School, and very nearly had to teach Elder's Quorum.  At Ft. Lee it was even more hectic.  I had a speaking assignment in Sacrament meeting, then my companions taught Elder's Quorum while I was in the other room with one of our members and a couple people who wanted to learn more, answering their questions.

All in all, it made for a very spiritual, but very exhausting day.

The rest of the week was pretty normal, but still somewhat busy.  Monday was really our only relaxing day. Just as a preparation day should be! ;)  The transfers came and went without much effect on us as none of us were getting moved and surprisingly it was the first time that I didn't feel the slump of transfer week in our work.  There honestly seems to be an unwritten law that the week of transfers, regardless of if you're staying or leaving, the work slows way down and not much gets done.  But for whatever reason, it didn't seem to happen this time.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad because as a missionary, it is far better to have much to do and to be busy.  It is a good feeling when you feel filled with purpose.

About Dad's desire for a road-trip, I'm fine with it if that's what he wants to do.  Just let me know.

Unfortunately, I find that I have squandered most of my time with ramblings.  I love you all, and I'll try to write a little more later in a letter when I'm feeling a little more focused.

Stay safe and happy.
With much love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment