Monday, July 1, 2013

102

1 July 2013

Dear Homefront,

Well, today is the big day: 1 July  My mission has officially split, forming the new Virginia Richmond Mission and the Virginia Chesapeake Mission.  President Perry left and President Wilson arrived last Thursday, but the first chance we'll really have to meet him will be tomorrow at a mission conference; which will also be the first time we get to meet all of the missionaries who have been serving in the two stakes that we are pulling in from the D.C. South Mission. It is going to be an interesting day.

This past week has been rather slow for us here in Hopewell.  Michael, one of our investigators at Ft. Lee will be leaving us this week so that leaves only Justin. We're going to be doing some focus on finding to get the area ready for when Elder Joyner and I leave in two weeks.

This upcoming week is going to keep us fairly busy.  It's probably the fullest schedule I've ever had at the beginning of the week so that's always a nice thing. We have a couple trips to Richmond for different
reasons, as well as a number of lessons planned.  I'm grateful that I'll be able to stay fairly busy. Being bored as a missionary is miserable. It's always nice to have things planned.

I'm looking forward to meeting my new mission president and we'll see what he's like and how the last couple weeks of my mission will be.

I love you all and look forward to seeing you all again.

With much love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

PS: I've been offered a pell grant and a couple loans for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment