Monday, November 7, 2011

016

07 November 2011

Dear Homefront,

So, I have some exciting news I'll start off with. I got to baptise someone! I was able to perform the baptism for Kris, our most recent convert, on Saturday. I was so excited when I was asked to do it. (I attached a picture, the other picture I attached is another of our recent converts, Nicole). Then, last night I got to attend the CES broadcast where President Packer spoke. He's looking quite healthy, and he was able to stand through his whole address. All of this has led to quite the spiritual high.

With the new transfer cycle, the other companionship that shares our apartment became a trio so there are now six of us living here. Our bedroom is quite literally a sea of beds, with five beds and a couch. I volunteered to take the couch. But there are two aisles, one from the door to our closet, and another from the door to the door of our bathroom. The apartment isn't all uncomfortable though. We got rid of our desks, and accepted an offer to take a dining room set of a large table and 7 chairs off of the hands of some members who were moving. So that has become our new meal and study area. Also we got some new couches from a member who needed to make room for their new couches, so our apartment is quite comfortable and cozy.

The work is slowly grinding to a stand-still right now. We have baptised almost all of our investigators, so now we need to go and find some new ones. It's amazing. I'm so happy to see all of these people come into the fold. I love working here in Virginia, this truly is where the Lord needed me and where I needed to be.

I love you all, and hope that you are all safe and well. Keep strong, stay busy, help the missionaries in your area in any way you can. Look for missionary opportunities.

With love,
Elder John Y. Roberts

PS: CD's I took: 4 Jon Schmidt, Phantom Regiment, Beethovens Moonlight, MoTab 'Called to Serve', Celtic Hymns, and my two bagpipe cds.
The only hoodies I had planned to keep were my grey dragon one, and my brown Shakespeare one. But thank you for the hoodie and the slippers.
We only buy what we need, don't buy junk, have members feed us every once in a while when we can, and live off of burritos, rice, ramen, and other cheap fast and easy (and we try to be healthy as well) dishes. Yet somehow, I've gained weight (I'm now at 170), I think it's muscle starting to build finally.

As for what you could include ... I'm really wanting a slightly larger musical selection, songs get old fast when you can't change it up. Anything by MoTab would be great, but if you can find it, I'd love either 'Spirit of America' or 'Showtime' by them. Also, any good instrumentals by Motzart, or Bach ... really any of the 'classical' composers. Umm ... Really anything would be nice - candy, small entertainment items, more mail supplies ... yeah, I guess just anything you want to send. If I can't use it, I'll either find someone who can or I'll send it back.

Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment