Monday, November 21, 2011

018

21 November 2011

Dear Homefront,

This week has been a little on the slow side for me, but still very good. We're mostly just trying to turn the potential this area has into a teaching pool of investigators. It's hard work, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Virginia is so beautiful this time of year. The trees have literally exploded with a rainbow of reds and golds and oranges. The days are crisp and clear with the cool of the changing seasons. The sea rocks gently when I catch a glimpse of it as we drive to our appointments, with majestic battleships and other naval vessels going to and fro from the numerous installations.

I love it here. I love this work. I love being able to watch as the sanctifying atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ takes hold in peoples' lives and causes mighty changes. I love being "about the work of Him that sent me." I can't do justice with words how I feel as I look about me and marvel at the many beauties of God's creations and at how His hand manifests itself all around me.

I'm grateful to those who never gave up on me, who believed in me enough to get me to where I am today. I'm grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who trusts me with this great task, this marvelous work. I'm grateful that I have this opportunity to serve my Lord and Master, my God and Creator. I love this work, and all that it entails.

I hope and pray that you all have a wonderful day of Thanksgiving. I love you all.

-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment