Monday, April 16, 2012

039

16 April 2012

Dear Homefront,

Transfer time again in The VRM! I've managed to evade the ax once more and am privileged to be able to spend another six weeks in Hopewell. Elder Johnson wasn't so lucky, he's getting transferred back to Deep Creek, one of his former areas. Elder Eagar and I are getting a new companion, Elder Huntzinger. He was in my district when I first got out here so at least I know him. I'll see what I can do about stepping in front of Sister Perry as she goes mad with her camera at transfer meeting.

We had a baptism just yesterday. Noah decided to follow Sara and Phillip (his mom and step-dad) and join the Church. He's a funny little kid. Ten years old and way too smart for his own good. His hyperactivity kicked in during the baptismal service but everything managed to run smoothly enough. It was fun and really good.

Other than those, there aren't any real big highlights. I still love working with the soldiers at Ft. Lee and being able to go to their weekly FHE style activity. This past Saturday we played a fun dice game called Farkle and I managed to win back some of the honor I lost when I played Dominoes against Elder Stock.

I'm loving the work here in Virginia. I feel so much better and stronger than I ever have. I can barely believe I've been gone for over nine months now. At times it seems like just yesterday I was walking into the MTC in Provo. I'm a better man because of what I've learned here. You can include that into your lesson on repentance if you wish. Also, PMG has some excellent scriptures listed under repentance in lesson three, The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I hope everyone is safe and well. I love you all, and look forward to seeing you again.
With much love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

PS: I guess it could work for a b-day gift but President has given me permission to study and read from the old missionary reference library as well as the new one so I need some books. "A Marvelous Work and a Wonder" by LeGrande Richards, "The Great Apostasy" and "Articles of Faith" by James E. Talmage, and "Truth Restored" by Hinckley. Other than that, I'm not really sure what I would want... I guess more music would always be welcome. I can't think of anything specific right now, but I think I'd like something that's not specifically church. I know Walmart sells cd collections that are Christian music called the WOW collections. I actually think I'd really like some Celtic Women or Andre Rieu or possibly if you can find it the sound track to Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera. I'd even be happy with some Disney or Marching Band music.

PPS: Did you ever talk to Patriarch Nuttal about what books he'd recommend for somebody who wants to learn about lineage?

PPPS: Just wanted to say I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment