Monday, April 23, 2012

040

23 April 2012

Dear Homefront,

This past week was long and hard for the missionary work here. With Elder Johnson being sick and then wanting to say his goodbyes due to transfers, not much got done this week. Elder Huntzinger is really good though. He just came in and took maybe five minutes to unpack essentials then we went to work.

The transfer meeting was pretty good. We got a decent amount of new missionaries in this time around. We were cautioned once again to be careful in our cars (which I'm now driving (it feels good to be back behind the wheel)).

The bedbug problem seems to have died down a bit in our mission. At least, I haven't heard much about it. I personally haven't had a problem with them. I've known missionaries who have, but I thankfully haven't.

We have a couple new soldiers on post and we also recently got a couple more marines as well. One of the soldiers is actually a former VRM missionary. We got a good chuckle over that, especially that he had served in Petersburg which is about 10 minutes down the road from Hopewell.

That's really most of the updates from my side of things. Our entire district got shaken up by transfers. Only myself, Elder Eagar, and Elder Bradfield got to stay. Our Zone Leaders got "shotgunned" out so we have two brand new ones. We're still working on as hard as we can. I hope you all are safe and sound.

I love you all,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment