Wednesday, September 5, 2012

059

4 September 2012

Dear Homefront,
 
Things are going alright in Hopewell.  Enos and Randy, two of our investigators have both committed to baptism recently.  If everything goes well, Enos will be baptized this upcoming Saturday and Randy the week following.  It has been amazing working with these two outstanding men and watching the light of the Gospel come into their lives.
 
Other than that, the work has been fairly the same as usual with us doing the rounds and doing our best to find people to teach.  We did some more service by mowing the lawn for the Lawrence family.  The only bad thing about that is that the mosquitos have been out with a vengeance lately so all three of us got feasted upon that day.  I think I counted at least ten bites on my arms and one on my face; and I was the least bitten out of the three of us!  We have since started carrying bug repellent in the car.  We also got some really nice thunderstorms sent up to us from the last hurricane.  Thankfully, nobody brought up the idea of riding our bikes that day.
 
Elder Clawson seems to be adjusting to the area rather well.  I like working with him.  He's a hard worker and just a pretty cool guy.  He really likes working on computers so he uses that talent to make a quick bridge with members by offering his services.
 
We'll, I'm a little short of time today unfortunately so I'll go ahead and sign off now.  I hope that all is well.  Stay safe and keep hope burning.
 
With love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment