Tuesday, September 11, 2012

060

10 September 2012

Dear Homefront,
 
This past week was both good and bad.  We've all been passing around a bug so not much has gotten done.  It started with Elder Clawson, then Elder Huntzinger, then myself.  The worst part about being sick as a missionary is that it's boring.  There's nothing really to do but sleep or stare at a wall because you don't feel up to studying and you don't have TV so your options are limited.  Thankfully it wasn't too bad so just took some cold medicine and slept it off.  The worst part of it is the persistent sore throat and mucus build-ups that linger on after the fever breaks and all other symptoms leave.
 
Thankfully the week ended on a high note with us being able to assist Enos, one of our investigators enter the waters of baptism.  Enos was baptized by Elder Huntzinger Saturday evening and I had the privilege of conferring the Gift of the Holy Ghost Sunday morning in Sacrament Meeting.  This is the first time I've ever confirmed anyone.  It was a very spiritual experience for me.
 
The work has picked up so much lately.  We even have another person set for this next Saturday as well.  Here's hoping all goes well with that.
 
Other than that, not much really happened this week.  Really I spent a lot of it asleep just trying to get well swiftly so I could return to my labors.
 
I love you all.  Stay safe and keep hope burning.
 
With love,
-Elder John Y. Roberts
 
PS:  I'd meant to send some pictures this week but my camera's battery just died before I could upload any.  I'll be sure to send some next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment